Blueberry, Banana and Cashew Butter Smoothie!

Just a quick one! I’ve just discovered a great new smoothie and wanted to share it with you.

Blueberry, Banana & Cashew Butter Smoothie.

♥ 2 x small-medium ripe bananas
♥ 2 large cups of cold filtered water
♥ 1 x cup (or more!) frozen blueberries
♥ 1 x heaped teaspoon of Organic Cashew Butter (yum yum yum)

Mix this all up in your blender for a minute, it’ll make 2 large glasses full. I love the extra bit of creaminess that the cashew butter gives it and it’s a great way to add some extra protein.

I think I’ll be rockin’ this smoothie before and after workouts as I felt pretty good after drinking this pretty purple drink.

If you try it out let me know what you think!

Be well,

Annette

xoxo

10 comments

1. Holly Curtis says:

oo cashew butter! Never heard of it, but will investigate! 🙂

2. Annette @ Wellness WA says:

It’s delish Miss Holly!

Tastes quite a lot like peanut butter but is actually healthier for you 😀

3. Alicia says:

This sounds most excellent, can you please make me one tonight? yeah mate. bomb c.

4. Shelley says:

Yum! I’ve never seen cashew butter before though, I will have to go on a hunt!

5. Tammi says:

Oh, Annette, where can we buy Cashew Butter?
    T x

6. Annette @ Wellness WA says:

Yeah Ali, we will be dining in style tonight with these babies.

Shelley, it’s in the organic / health section of most supermarkets, check it out 🙂

The brand is ‘Ceres’

Looks like this:

!!! 🙂 I think it costs $7-8 from memory but worth it if you can afford it xx

7. Fara says:

Ooo yums! Do you know where we can buy frozen blueberries in bulk? I go through them so fast! Cheers!

8. Annette @ Wellness WA says:

Hi Fara 🙂

It depends where you live! A lot of IGA’s have them in a separate little freezer, and Farmer Jacks in Subiaco sells 1kg bags of berries, as well as various other fruit and veg markets (the kind inside shopping centres)

I hope that helps xx

9. Angie says:

I’m going to try this, but instead of blueberries and water, will sub for raw cacao powder and almond milk. Will definitely try your version when I feel like blueberries 🙂

10. Annette @ Wellness WA says:

Hi Angie,

Thanks for stopping by :)!

Sounds yummy, cashew butter tastes so good in smoothies! You can also try almond butter as well, could work good with the almond milk?

To receive email updates when a comment is made on this post, please tick the checkbox before submitting your comment. Alternatively, you can receive updates without commenting by entering your email in the bottom text field and clicking 'Subscribe'.